« Home | Project Gulu Slideshow (TRIAL version) » | INVISIBLE CHILDREN... » | What a blessed day!!!!! » | Ranting & Raving... » | Let Go, Let God... » | Of bad love, men & the only perfect man!! » | A poem about forgiveness... » | Of html & dog paddling... » | Couch potato & a trip down memory lane... » | Inspirational Quotes & Verses... »

Daily Word & Amnesty Canada Update...


Celebrate...

With joy and thanksgiving, I celebrate life. I need only observe my surroundings to see the celebration of new life that is going on: trees are shaking off the last vestiges of winter as leaves fill their branches; flowers are blooming in a God-created canvas of color and beauty; and animals everywhere are awakening fully from their winter rest. I, too, celebrate life as I release past worry or doubt and welcome new opportunities. If there is something I have been doing that is not working for me, I release it. With a fresh outlook, I choose a new approach that opens up a world of possibilities for greater success. God has blessed me with a life of beauty and abundance, a life of wonder and blessings. With joy and thanksgiving, I celebrate life. "God added his testimony by signs and wonders and various miracles, and by gifts of the Holy Spirit, distributed according to his will." Hebrews 2:4

So I'm lazy to post a real entry today but the site is acting up, too...it's painfully slooooow...uuughhh...here's the Amnesty update...

UN Human Rights Council: Making human rights a reality for all...

On May 9th the U.N. General Assembly will elect the members of the new UN Human Rights Council. Canada, which is standing for election, has a critical role to play in ensuring that the Council's mandate of protecting all human rights for everyone is not a hollow promise. Send an email to Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Honorable Peter MacKay, and urge him to ensure Canada demonstrates clear leadership in the respect and fulfillment of human rights norms and standards. Take action before May 9th! (Click to send e-mail)

Amnesty International has launched a new web site providing easy-to-access, concise information about the current human rights situation and records of individual states who are candidates for the Human Rights Council. View the site...

Cindy, I've just sent McKay a letter hoping he cares enough to consider atleast a glance at the first page.

I am glad the americans withdrew their candidacy, believe me, I was ready to pounce...

Post a Comment