« Home | Inspirational Quotes & Verses... » | Living daily in Jesus, our first love!!!! » | A Christian by Maya Angelou... » | Giving thanks! » | First day in the blogsphere! »

Couch potato & a trip down memory lane...

K, today I thought I'd do a "real" blog about my day and also a couple things I was reminiscing about elementary school, real funny looking back on it now! K, I had an absolutely blah day, you know one of those days that you wake up and know right from the start that it's going to be a really long day...all I've done is pretty much browse websites and chill on the couch watching TV, what a waste of a day, huh...couch potato kweli...I started bright and early, too...lol, right from Oprah @ 9 all the way till Days of Our lives @ around 1 ish, what a couch potato but I'll use my 3-day and going strong sore throat as an excuse not to feel too guilty!!

On a completely different note, I am so home-sick, I can already tell this entry is going to be all over the place, I think I have some sort of undiagnosed form of ADD coz when I'm writing seriously I can never stick to one topic, oh well...nywho, as I was saying, I am so totally home-sick, I dream of home, talk of home, think of home, it's crazy, I really hope I can make a trip therre soon, maybe even for good, hmm, I wonder, guess I'll leave that for another day's blog coz it's a real dilemma...

I can't believe I'm still lying on the couch, I did have breaks off it in between though but today has been bad, I haven't even signed on to messenger to chat which I usually so happily do when I can, like now, lol...I don't even have an ounce of energy and it's not coz I'm feelin crappy either, I just don't feel like it, maybe this non-stop downpour has something to do with it, this place is so dreary, and it's supposed to be spring, guess I have a case of spring blues, sigh again...lol, u can tell I'm totally wallowing in self-pity, hehe but what the heck, if I don't feel sorry for myself, who will? LOL, I hope tomorrow is better though...

K, about that trip down memory lane, today I was thinking and laughing to myself over all the exciting things we used to do back in primary school...from the field trips to school concerts to sport's days...I don't think I thought of it as fun back then coz school was just school but now that I look back on it, it really was a blast...I remember this one time we did a commercial for Energizer batteries, too cool and the trips to the National Theatre for music, dance & drama competitions, watchin plays and all, so much fun...field trips were just the best, the ones that really stood out were at Kampala Parent's, visiting the Coca-cola factory and drinkin pop till we got sick, rallying the bus drivers to speed so we'd be the first to get back to school, oh man, fun stuff...then my crazy Primary 6 year where some boys once brought alcohol to class and the whole class got punished for it...then Kitante with it's humongous ampitheatre, the rocks, geez, I was terrified of that area, the museum, doing cross-country runs, oh man, it's endless, I cud write all nite, it was such a blast though, I miss it...I'll have to do a part 2...my bed is callin now, the couch's gettin old, hehe...

Love & God Bless!

About me

  • Kanyana
  • Uganda
  • Just tryna live the best way I possibly can- loving God, loving life, a struggle sometimes but God is good and always in control!
My profile