« Home | Ranting & Raving... » | Let Go, Let God... » | Of bad love, men & the only perfect man!! » | A poem about forgiveness... » | Of html & dog paddling... » | Couch potato & a trip down memory lane... » | Inspirational Quotes & Verses... » | Living daily in Jesus, our first love!!!! » | A Christian by Maya Angelou... » | Giving thanks! »

What a blessed day!!!!!

I know I promised to finish my trail of thought on that "lesson to all of us" last blog, but I got so side-tracked I don't even quite remember what prompted that title let alone the blog so I'm sorry, I hope I can atleast blame these dreadful exams, two done though and two more to go but anyway, should I promise again, lol but if and when that thought does hit me again, y'all will definately be the first to know...:) And E ofcourse there was nothin really to learn from my ranting and raving, was there? Lol, but u know who takes the blame, right? "Yep" the shrink, lol...I should have written this in the comments section as it really was a reply to JKB and E but oh well...

I had such a wonderful day today, I'm still in awe of the little ways God chooses to reveal Himself to us, like this morning, on top of all the stress of studying for exams and the sleep deprivation which can be quite serious in my case, lol...I had the hustle of figuring out how exactly to get to this place where I was writing my exams but as luck had it or rather as God planned it, I got a ride to the ferry, which saved me two really long bus rides. So I get to the ferry terminal and before I could be thankful for the ride, I see that "the ferry" is actually this little rickety, rackety vessel that seriously shouldn't be allowed on the water, it was falling apart and the passenger booth was so small, it could probably sit only six or seven people at most...nywho, so I get on the ferry and I'm such a hydrophobe by the way, so you bet being on a little "boat" didn't help and top that with being a tad claustrophobic, I was really in a bad place...I was super nervous and all by myself, too which only made matters worse so it was starting to look like a boatride to "you know where" but anyway, in the midst of it all, as I was listening to "Redeemer" by Nicole C Mullen and praying, I looked through this tiny hole that was supposed to be the window and saw the sun and the way its glorious rays glistened on the water and I just smiled because it was the perfect picture for the song and it was also some sort of physical reminder that God is always there, even in a situation this small...

So I relaxed a little, still uncomfortable but happily waiting to embark on the "big" 10 minute journey, lol and then just like an immediate answer to my prayer, in walked my pastor, I literally jumped for joy, I'm not kidding, I was so happy to see him, I run and hugged him real tight, he must have been a little concerned, lol but the way I was praying for atleast somebody to join me in the passenger booth and then it's not just somebody but my pastor, I was too flabbergasted...well, once again Jesus took the wheel and made my day really beautiful, it might sound silly, my little phobias and all but it totally meant a lot to me and it helped change my attitude the rest of the day...I was more optimistic, thankful for everything, the rain, the hustle, the tiny booth, even the six draining hours of exams because hey, I am alive and still able to experience all this, feel the joy in my heart, my Redeemer's presence, His love and that is the best feeling in the world!

Oh and by the way, I ended up getting a ride from the ferry with my pastor which saved me yet another bus ride and I even got a ride on my way back, just thought u'd like to know that, lol but basically my day was just the best as soon as I let go of my fears and let in my God!! Peace & Love y'all!