« Home | A Christian by Maya Angelou... » | Giving thanks! » | First day in the blogsphere! »

Living daily in Jesus, our first love!!!!

Salvation is a daily experience, not a once and for all type of thing like most people seem to think it is...It's about dying to oneself every single day and needing to meet with Jesus daily...I picked up pieces of this message from one of Billy Graham's old ones on 100 Huntley Street awhile back and it blessed me immensely....I was greatly challenged to see that even a renowned evangelist like him needs to meet with Jesus daily and constantly renew his faith, I thought of it like wow, he does that and yet I, a stumbling Christian, who truly needs to grow in Jesus much more doesn't...nyway, I think it would be ideal to even meet with Jesus every micro-second of our lives because honestly if u really look at it in terms of an eternity of either being with or without Him, then it makes u think twice about wanting to spend every teeny, weeny micro-second in, with, thru & for Him...

Billy Graham was saying, we can't rest on yesterday's experiences, we have to ask ourselves, "what did God do for me today?" And, what can I do for Him today? We have to submit ourselves to the will of God daily, meet with Him daily in order to grow, in order to strengthen our armour, inorder to remain strong in the battles we face daily! The devil is so not our friend and he will continue to fight to try and make us his...he's not stupid, he knows that we are God's children and hates it...he is cunning and tricky and tries to ensnare and trap us, make us think we're not worthy of being God's children...sometimes we tend to underestimate the power of the devil, or even kinda pretend to ignore his existance but he is there and he's fighting for souls as badly...the good news though ofcourse is that GOD is always there for us, we only need to seek Him and we will find, ask Him and He will answer, knock and the door will be opened unto us....we need to do this on a daily basis, too...seek His Holy Spirit everyday inorder to stand firm and not waver & ofcourse in the first place, accept that He is Lord and that Jesus-our saviour, died on the cross to save us...

My life testimony is quite a loadful so I won't indulge y'all in all the details now but one thing is for sure, I don't want to live a lie anymore, I've been struggling to make it right with God and always failing, always making empty promises, wavering, stumbling & falling but thankfully, He has always been there...His love unconditional, patiently waiting for me to make up my mind and realize that I need to be FREE, free from all bondage of sin, free from my past (even that as recent as yesterday), free from my guilt, free from COMPROMISE, free from all the sin and evil that the devil has so happily wrapped around my life...Jesus, the only way, truth and life...no one comes to the Father but through the son...Jesus died on the cross for my sins, it's like I need to say that over and over in my mind, so that I don't forget it like I have so often done...to remind myself that I need to live for Him every second of everyday, whether it's convienient or not, whether I'm happy or sad, come what may, He is mine and I am His and I'm NOTHING at all without Him!

We also seem to forget that we must fear God above all, because as much as He loves us unconditionally, He can also get tired of calling our name, He could decide to stop patiently waiting for us to see the light, punish us for not heeding His word, so we always have to listen when He calls lest He refuses to hear us when we call...on the otherhand, I don't know anyone that has the patience, LOVE, mercy, forgviness, kindness, peace but our father in heaven, and I of all people, a first-hand sinner should know because I wudn't be so happy and so free after all that I've done against His will, denied Him and all sorts of abominable things...He is a merciful God and I will praise Him for as long as I live and share His word coz everyone needs to be FREE, besides, it's FREE...how cool is that? Jesus paid the price for me, for you, for all of us, so salvation is a free gift that once you accept sets you free! WOOHOO!!!!!! There is no explanation for the feeling of complete peace and wholeness that only God can give u...

Like Billy Graham said, you can't change your past-the good or the bad, that's a journey, your life journey BUT you can let GOD help you change your future! And that's forever, an eternity...
Ephesians 2:4-7 "When we are engaged in spiritual battles, we fight from a position above coz we are with Christ!" We are children of God seated with Christ-we have AUTHORITY, the armour of God and the name of Jesus Christ as our badge of authority, we're overcomers, we have overcome and we have to finish off on what Jesus started here on earth, we have to be the body of Christ now, do what HE did, what we can do anyway...visiting the sick in hospitals, prisoners, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, giving away our LOVE, our TIME, the list is endless...I'm always ridden with guilt when I read that chapter in the Bible where Jesus says, I was hungry and u never fed me, naked and you didn't clothe me, in prison and u didn't visit me and the whole rest of that chapter...I'm sure those words will haunt a lot of us one day when we come before God...we do have now to change that though, all it takes is a commitment to do atleast one of those things, how many of us have closetfuls of clothes, shoes, that we really cud do without, I know I do...or how much do we spend on drinks and clubbin and all that useless stuff that will never add one cent to the riches we need to be storing up for in heaven...anyway, I know I have to change my lifestyle, I have to get out of my comfort zone and live like Jesus wants me to...I pray that God gives me the strength and courage to do so and that y'all can, too! Love & God BLESS!!!

Blessed!! Sorry I made your eyes overflow.. LOL.. Been a while since I was on here.. Love you much, thanks for blessing me with your post.

Post a Comment

About me

  • Kanyana
  • Uganda
  • Just tryna live the best way I possibly can- loving God, loving life, a struggle sometimes but God is good and always in control!
My profile