« Home | NEW START... » | Infomania & dirty pretty things... » | Daily Word...Experience... » | Super woohoo Bible readings... » | Why do women cry?? » | L.o.v.e » | Mall rat and it's a beautiful day... » | The heat and Inner Peace... » | Living it up with some mulefu zonto...lol... » | Happy Father's Day, to my daddy and to all fathers!!! »

Same ol, celebs n some love quotes...

...I know I've been a terrible blogger but life just seems to be really crazy right now, so much to do, too little time, sounds cliche but oh so very true unfortunately!! One thing for sure though is how grateful I am for each new day, like my previous entry, I'm all about new beginnings, a fresh start and It's all very refreshing! Letting go and letting God, turning my focus to the things that really do matter coz at the end of the day, it is about the choices we make...still trying to prioritize my life, stop procrastinating, blah, blah, all those never ending, 'same old' challenges but I'm certainly taking a whole new approach to overcoming them and praying for resilience...

...There's a Ugandan-Canadian Conference in Van city this October, can't wait to see what that's all about If I end up going, I guess the Canadian chapter of the UG-US confrences starts here and hopefully will be as good...

...What is it about celebrities that completely enthralls us? I dunno...I am one of those people that keep saying to myself, ohhh, they're no big deal and I so wouldn't freak out and go crazy If I ever got to meet one and so is my sister but here's a story, she who meets a whole lot of em thru her work and also having lived in L.A a long time n all was lucky to mingle with a few this past week and judging by the excitement in her voice when she called to give me the 411, she was almost as bad as a groupie, lol...It's hard to explain since y'all dunno her but trust me, not much excites her so hearing her go on and on 'bout this really amused me...just so u know, it was Bishop Desmond Tutu's birthday bash hosted by Denzel and a couple of other black (cute, lol) celebrities...he was a no-show probably coz he's busy filming that new movie but atleast she got to meet the likes of Samuel L. Jackson, who she said was kinda snobby at first, I'm trying to explain it like she did but it was kinda much, lol, he later chilled out though apparently when he finally believed that all she wanted was to just say hi and nothing more, dunno wat exactly he was expecting, uhhm, who else, Stevie Wonder, Magic Johnson, Bishop Tutu ofcourse, whom she described as very sweet and grandfatherly, aww, he just looks it nyway, Anthony Andersen, Blair Underwood, who she had like a half hour conversation with and kept on telling herself and him that she couldn't believe they were actually chatting, lol...and for the ladies, he looks even cuter in person apparently, lol...nyway, bottom line is it's really funny how celebritised (not a real word probably) we can all get....

Oh and speaking of the bash, my sister mentioned how the theme of the night was "Obuntu" which supposedly means the same thing in one of the South African dilects that it does in my language, a Ugandan (East African) dilect...I found that cool, a word having the exact same meaning and yet from such different parts of Africa...it means giving by the way or having a good heart...

Very, very random today, lol...but here are a couple of love quotes I found kinda interesting...

To live is like to love - all reason is against it, and all healthy instinct for it. ~ Samuel Butler~
...A simple I love you means more than money.... ~ Frank Sinatra ~
True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist, Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. ~ Anonymous ~
Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage... ~ Ambrose Bierce ~
To be in love is merely to be In a state of perpetual anesthesia: To mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess. ~ H.L. Mencken ~
Life without love is like a tree without blossom and fruit. ~ Khalil Gibran ~
Love is like war, Easy to begin but hard to end. ~ Anonymous ~
Seduce my mind and you can have my body, Find my soul and I'm yours forever. ~ Anon ~
I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, Is the only sensible way to love. ~ F. Sagan ~
One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life, that word is Love ~ Socrates ~
I have learned not to worry about love; But to honor its coming with all my heart. ~ A. Walker~
To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it to them when they have forgotten. ~ Anonymous ~
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, If it finds you worthy, directs your course. ~Khalil Gibran~
Love is like swallowing hot chocolate before it has cooled off. It takes you by surprise at first, But keeps you warm for a long time. ~ Anonymous ~ Haha...Peace n LOVE!!!!! God Bless!!!

hey kasunku......am a BIG BIG fan of your blog!
btw that ka word u thought sounded familiar is actually "ubuntu" not obuntu and it means "the spirit of togetherness!"
love and miss u, big sis!
laters

Hey Anon, r u Janet?? If u r, miss u n love u big, e-mail me someitme!! If not, which lil sis is this? I have many u know, lol...kiddin but thanks 4 the comment nyway...Blessings!!

Post a Comment