« Home | Living it up with some mulefu zonto...lol... » | Happy Father's Day, to my daddy and to all fathers!!! » | Pondering on life... » | I'm back, yay, lol... » | King Kong and a dull weekend... » | I asked God...Beautiful!!!! » | Good Riddance...(Time of Your Life) » | Invisible Children...THE DOCUMENTARY... » | A mother's love determines how... » | Of crushes & relationships, part 1... »

The heat and Inner Peace...


Today was HOTTTT, I'm sure we hit a record high, for a moment there I thought I'd have a heat stroke, I was even forced to put on sunscreen which I usually refuse to put on in defense that I am black and we don't use that stuff in Africa, lol...anyway, so my whole day was pretty much spent in and by the pool, Ninsy don't laugh, I can touch the bottom so I don't have to technically swim, I was floating on a ka mat, lol...anyway, today was very uneventful to start, oh I was actually thinking of how I need to stop procrastinating, I still have to show that Invisible Children slideshow at my church and some other churches but have been putting it off which is terrible...now that I've written it here again though I'm going to be forced to do it sooner than later...it's pretty sad how easily desensitised we can become to situations after awhile, I was so passionate about this project that I couldn't sleep but then as usual my own life got a little busy and psst, it got forgotten...I'm the same person who was adamantly saying we cannot forget our brothers and sisters in the north and yet I'm here slacking off, I'm so ashamed but I promise to get back on track, I don't know why I'm proclaiming this on here but I hope this confession pushes me to do what I gotta do...

In the spirit of confessing, I had a really emotional chat with someone today and I was a lil pertubed by some of the things that we were talking about so I had no peace all afternoon until I read my daily devotional which really gave me some much needed strength to keep on keeping on!! It wasn't the conversation per se that made me feel so lost but it sparked off a chain reaction that kinda got to me...thankfully, my ka sweet sister Ninsy was there for me to provide the much needed ear to listen to all I had to say so thanks again kawalz, ur so very dear to me, love ya!! K, thought I'd share the devotional, peace & love y'all!!

Inner Peace...
Peace fills my soul as I center myself in the love of God.
The peace that comes from knowing the love of God is not passive. It is a powerful force for good.
We center ourselves in the love of God, the peace of God. We can bring peace where there seems to be discord in our world--as Jesus did when He spoke the words, "Peace! Be still!" to a stormy sea.
Peace radiates forth from within us, from our very souls as we hold to the truth that God is always with us and we are enfolded in God's love.
Let every breath we breathe and every word we speak express God's peace. As peace flourishes in our hearts and minds, all whom we touch will feel the power of this gift from God through us.

"How precious is your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings."
--Psalm 36:7

It has been pretty hot and humid here at the east coast, mbu its ganna be a very loong summer! Tighten your belt dear.

I feel ya on postponing projects. This nine million refugee children thingie i've been working on, has not left the ground due to code incompartabilities I guess. Anywayz I hope it works out today.

Peace

Enjoyed a lot! »

Post a Comment