« Home | The heat and Inner Peace... » | Living it up with some mulefu zonto...lol... » | Happy Father's Day, to my daddy and to all fathers!!! » | Pondering on life... » | I'm back, yay, lol... » | King Kong and a dull weekend... » | I asked God...Beautiful!!!! » | Good Riddance...(Time of Your Life) » | Invisible Children...THE DOCUMENTARY... » | A mother's love determines how... »

Mall rat and it's a beautiful day...

I had an awesome day today, I just spoke to my mom which always leaves me feeling extremely elated and excited...then spent my afternoon at the mall, shopping again with Mr. Mulefu which was fun, Teddy Geiger was at the mall actually but the line of lil screaming teenage girls was too much so we just leaned over the railing upstairs and got a pretty good look at him, my friend ofcourse being as country as he is leaned back and asked me to zoom in so that he could have a picture with a celebrity, haha, kiddin...we then later went out for dinner courtesy of another friend which was really nice...I had this scrumptious, really filling meal, a chicken wrap with ceaser salad to be exact and it was yummy, food always seems to taste so different at fancy restaurants...anyway, it's been such a blast hanging out with all these Ugandans, it's totally lifted my spirits...I'd been so homesick the past lil while but I honestly now feel a tad renewed, at least culturally for sure...we talked about the weirdest of things, too, from omuramba, kasese, lira-lira, all these being local undistilled brews from Uganda to Bells, Uganda Waragi, Pilsner, Chairmans and Tuskers, beers and spirits from Uganda again, we could so pass as "drunkos" I know but no, it was all in the name of reminiscing...we were also laughing at the first time we all came abroad, which reminds me of Savage's "Coming to America" posts, hilarious but oh so true...right from the plane ride to escalators, ATM's and all those cool things we didn't know 'bout back in the motherland then...anyway, I'm so tired after such a long day, been visiting the citay too much, lol...I need me some fresh country air tomorrow and this heat is becoming unbearable, I'ma need one of those portable fans real soon, peace & love y'all...

A lil inspiration...

Comfort!!
God is my guide, my comfort, and my strength.
A wise woman once offered this comfort: Imagine your life as a staircase--each step is a part of your journey. Some steps are smooth and unobstructed. Some steps have cracks or loose stones. Now picture a strong and secure handrail alongside each step of the staircase; that handrail represents the strength and security we have in God.
Along our journey through life, God is with us. We meet each day with assurance because God is ever present as our guide, our comfort, and our strength in every situation. We are supported by God's assuring presence throughout our journey in life. God never fails us. No matter what the circumstance may be, God is within us--guiding, comforting, and strengthening us. God is surrounding us--uplifting and steadying us.

"On the day I called, you answered me, you increased my strength of soul."
--Psalm 138:3

I do thank Jane for having introduced me to your and Ninsiima's blogs!

Yes, it is ONLY by and with the grace of God that we live and survive! And to him, we shall return!

Omuramba, kasese...ha, gal u are so damn loaded. Why, why torture my soul!

P/S Happy Canada day to u Cindy

i love teddy geiger

Post a Comment